I bear you in mind
Because, holding you in my mind
Storing things about you, for no reason but you
Things you hold dear,
Matters to you.
Because, holding you in my mind
Storing things about you, for no reason but you
Things you hold dear,
Matters to you.
You were studying...how's that going?
Your mother, is she better
How's that book, your garden
The wife and kids?
Devoid of opportunism
Good manners and some...
The Irishman crosses the party
Leans over and says
"Are you okay darling...
Shall I get you another drink, I'm just over there".
And that crumb of attentiveness
Makes the heart blossom
To have someone
Who bears me in mind;
Until then...
"How's your mum...?
"Your partner passed, how does that feel...?
"Your therapy practise...?
"Did you get a second opinion on that...?
And that well-mannered charming man
Crosses the road
"Hi, you were....
How's that going?"
"Well, thank you, and
Thank you for asking".
I bear you in mind
Because, holding you in my mind
Remembering things about you;
For no reason but you
Things you hold dear
Matters to you.
Your mother, is she better
How's that book, your garden
The wife and kids?
Devoid of opportunism
Good manners and some...
The Irishman crosses the party
Leans over and says
"Are you okay darling...
Shall I get you another drink, I'm just over there".
And that crumb of attentiveness
Makes the heart blossom
To have someone
Who bears me in mind;
Until then...
"How's your mum...?
"Your partner passed, how does that feel...?
"Your therapy practise...?
"Did you get a second opinion on that...?
And that well-mannered charming man
Crosses the road
"Hi, you were....
How's that going?"
"Well, thank you, and
Thank you for asking".
I bear you in mind
Because, holding you in my mind
Remembering things about you;
For no reason but you
Things you hold dear
Matters to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment