Monday, 6 February 2017

I Go Into Other's Bodies When I Sleep

I go into other's bodies when I sleep
Not too severe,the worries I try to resolve;
Fear of flying; Sat at a terrace once a plane crashed in the harbour
In the news, the next day.
'How the hell am I going to pay the rent', comes up a lot.
Once, I came back into my house and there I was asleep on my sofa;
Re-entry was...well, like breaking in while drunk.
At least I have a home where my body, comfortable and safe,
Is there, on the sofa to come back to.
What if I returned from buffering a needy soul
Against fear of flying, (something that requires an adrenaline spike),
like 'How the hell am i going to pay the rent', (There's a lot of those these days)
And coming home after a night 'out' could not find my body.
There on the sofa; or those of my wife and my young children
Because I could not pay the rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment