Friday, 23 March 2018

Never Been One For Remembering

Never been one for remembering
Never one for dwelling on the past
But siding with the gift of recalling
My mind towards the distance I cast
Sorry for the hurt I caused you
Troubles came in twos and threes
And the pain, once again
As I recall, was coming not from you but from me
Don't worry, I'm sure you have moved on
It is only in the evening hours I sit and dwell
Alone and aged now, on what I could have done; which turns to take to make things turn out well
After the fall of mighty structures
Will it be said, it looked this way or that
Or does time reduce all to ashes
Knocking all regrets, like great columns flat
But still I sit and think how I might have kept you
A harsh word paused or an action stayed
How I would have you in my arms
Had the cards been differently dealt, and better played

No comments:

Post a Comment